“How to Talk to your Kids About Race Without Breaking a Sweat.”
- Get fun activities you can do together as a family
- Conversation starters and discussion questions
- Book and resource recommendations
Hi, I’m Vanessa…
And this is my beautiful family.
When our son was born, we lived in a very multicultural area. We were blessed with friends who looked a lot like us. I assumed he would just automatically be unbiased. Unfortunately, I was wrong.
This blog was born to provide you (and me) with tools and resources to talk with our kids about race and support us in raising them to love our differences instead of fear them.
- How to Talk with White Kids About Race and RacismIt can be tough to know how to talk with white kids about race, but this podcast episode is full of tips to help you get started well. Learn how to do anti-racism work well and have age appropriate conversations about race with your kids. It’s an important part of raising anti-racist children who are allies for justice.
- Spend Your Dollars Where They Will Do The Most GoodA guide to spending your money in ways that are going to make a difference. Learn how to spend your dollars where they will do the most good.
- How to Practice Self-Care While BreastfeedingFind out how you can practice self-care while breastfeeding your baby and feel good about it! It’s never selfish to care for yourself.
- How to Embrace AccentsIn this episode of the podcast, author Frances Díaz Evans joins us as we discuss how to embrace accents by interacting with empathy.
- How to Combat Gender Stereotypes as a FamilyGender stereotypes are the perceptions of people in society about how certain genders should act or look like based on their gender. These stereotypes are damaging and limit us as people. Learn ways you can combat gender stereotypes as a family.
- How to Celebrate Black History Month with KidsWondering how to celebrate Black History Month with kids? Here are some great ideas that will help you honor black humanity all year long.