“How to Talk to your Kids About Race Without Breaking a Sweat.”
- Get fun activities you can do together as a family
- Conversation starters and discussion questions
- Book and resource recommendations
Hi, I’m Vanessa…
And this is my beautiful family.
When our son was born, we lived in a very multicultural area. We were blessed with friends who looked a lot like us. I assumed he would just automatically be unbiased. Unfortunately, I was wrong.
This blog was born to provide you (and me) with tools and resources to talk with our kids about race and support us in raising them to love our differences instead of fear them.
- How to Embrace AccentsIn this episode of the podcast, author Frances Díaz Evans joins us as we discuss how to embrace accents by interacting with empathy.
- How to Combat Gender Stereotypes as a FamilyGender stereotypes are the perceptions of people in society about how certain genders should act or look like based on their gender. These stereotypes are damaging and limit us as people. Learn ways you can combat gender stereotypes as a family.
- How to Celebrate Black History Month with KidsWondering how to celebrate Black History Month with kids? Here are some great ideas that will help you honor black humanity all year long.
- Kayla: A Modern Day PrincessMeet Kayla, a modern day princess who is breaking the mold. This series of five books is based upon the life of broadway actress and leader Kayla Pecchioni. Follow her journey as she shows Black and Brown girls everywhere that they can be anything they want to be. No dream is too big!
- Multicultural Holidays in December to Have Fun Exploring With Your KidsWinter break is a great time to explore different holidays and cultures. Here are some multicultural holidays in December that you can explore with your family this season!
- How to Combat Implicit BiasAs people, we are always exposed to implicit bias in our daily lives. Find out how you can combat implicit bias and lessen its effects on everyday interactions.